Subject: [Leica] [IMG] PESO - More In Lluis footsteps
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2016 00:18:08 +0100

More from my trip to Brussels.

In tinkering around with this lot I found a way to deal with them that
surprised
me: taking the original grey scale to 8-bit I then used ColorEfex and used
its
B&W conversion with a tiny bit of tweeking and it seems to have improved
things
a lot.

In deference to many people I have scaled these to be 1500 on the long side.

Anyway. It was the week of the Brussels Jazz Festival and it was teeming with
rain. These are from there. The first two on the main stage in the Grande
Place:

Luca di Maio - Black Rainbow. Amazing performance. If you like jazz get this
guy's album when it comes out in September.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PeterDzwig/PESO2011/Luca_di_Maio_Brussels_1-1.jpg.html>

This guy was the star of the last night. I can't remember his name, but this
was
his sound check:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PeterDzwig/PESO2011/Sound_Check_Brussels-1.jpg.html>

Then there were these guys who had been playing gigs in Belgium for years. I
cam
across them in a bar, just playing for the hell of it and really winding the
audience up.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PeterDzwig/PESO2011/Old_Rowdies_2-1.jpg.html>

and

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PeterDzwig/PESO2011/OldRowdies-1-1.jpg.html>

Highlights are too blown!

All M3 on XP2 400, handheld in rapidly descending gloom and rain.

Your comments and constructive criticisms are as always welcome,

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Peter Dzwig

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] [IMG] PESO - More In Lluis footsteps)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] [IMG] PESO - More In Lluis footsteps)