Subject: [Leica] M9 reliability -- NOW: My God, it's full of stars . . .
From: peter.cheyne at gmail.com (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 08:21:21 +0900

As suggested, I took a f/16 photo of the blue sky with my M9. Then, like Dr
David Bowman in *2001: A Space Odyssey*, exclaimed:

           My God, it's full of stars!

The more mundane explanation being: Leica M9 sensor rot.

Here's the photo:

           https://flic.kr/p/HYWcvq

Zoom in for a shock: They're everywhere! Alien giga-microbes hovering in
the sky!

Still, Leica have dutifully said they will replace all Leica CCDs affected
with precisely this problem, so the company itself is reliable as ever and
stands by its products.

All the best,

Peter