Subject: [Leica] IMG: Seen Through the Fence
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 14:39:45 -0700

Hi Jim,
OK try this as I've shot hundreds of rolls shooting my 2 grandsons playing
baseball, pitching or batting.
Get right at the fence! Stop standing back and select a full open aperture
or not more than "one stop down." If one is a pitcher?  Get right behind the
umpire, one side right or left and lens "ON THE FENCE!" Oh yes I can here
the catter wailing already.
But if you don't give this method a try you are never going to learn how to
do it!
Yes wide open works beautifully and put the front "lens ring" right on the
fence! Yes right on the fence! Not the lens glass, avoiding the glass where
and when possible. Usually the metal ring sticks out farther than the glass.
One other thing I used was to make sure the center of the lens was centered
to the center of the fence wire hole. In other words the wire wasn't a big X
in the middle of the glass!  Blast away and the wire wont make any
difference!
Good luck Mate!
cheers,
Dr ted  :-)