Subject: [Leica] Burney Falls at night
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 09:44:50 -0700

Here is a shot of Burney Falls in Northern California at night.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/s6/nc/Burney+Falls-9475.jpg.html

It was a frustrating shoot.  I could not get my Nikon 16-35 to focus on
anything well.  No matter how I tried, it was always blurry.  Never had that
problem at night before.  I switched to my Rokinon 12mm fisheye and it
worked just fine and I got the above photo.  It was very dark in the valley.
 There was not much of a moon and it set soon after we got there, so we had
to light the falls with a flashlight.  I forgot about the wideness of my
fisheye and my first attempt to light the falls included an unwanted guest
at the edge of the photo.  And you can see the mist from the falls that was
also a problem.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/s6/nc/Burney+Falls-9474.jpg.html

I had to move to the other side of the camera to stay behind it to get the
shot I linked first.  I guess this is one instance where chimping your shot
paid off.

View them large if you can.

Comments welcome

Aram

Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

would ever have dared dream.? James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Burney Falls at night)
Reply from photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe) ([Leica] Burney Falls at night)