Subject: [Leica] Curious M10 startup time issue
From: leicaslacker at gmail.com (kyle cassidy on the lug)
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 11:50:19 -0400

Hola ?

So, I got an M. And the startup time on it is SEVEN SECONDS. "Flip switch,
mash button, mash button, mash button, mash button, miss photo, swear, turn
off camera.? Someone said on like that this was related to the file system
used on the SD card ? the camera apparently polls the card for some reason
before you can take a photo. So I tried switching cards.

32GB 90/mbs/second card ? 7 second startup time

64GB 45/mbs/second card ? 4 second startup time

So there is some progress, but it?s not intuitive ? the slower card starts
up faster.

Anybody know if there?s a card that will get the camera?s startup time to
?somewhere faster than nearly useless??

Kyle

Replies: Reply from john at mcmaster.fr (John McMaster) ([Leica] Curious M10 startup time issue)
Reply from meino at innerside.demon.nl (Meino de Graaf) ([Leica] Curious M10 startup time issue)