Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Abyaneh, Iran
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 14:36:43 -0400

PESO:

I'm not sure any of these are getting through but I'm continuing to post
anyway!!  We visited an ancient Zoroastrian red mud village in the
mountains near Isfahan.  There are only 30 families left there and they are
mostly elderly people.  The kids have all left for the cities.  We visited
a bakery, met some women on the street and talked to Soghra, an Abyanaki
widow. The women here wear a colorful chador which is their traditional
costume. They speak Middle Persian here which is very different from Farsi
but Hossein managed to translate most of what she had to say.  She had come
back to visit but now lives in Tehran.  Her only son, a doctor who lived in
Kerman, had died of a heart attack when he was only in his 50's.  She comes
back to the village for the quiet and to get away from the city.  We really
like this village and would go back any time.  I have a lot more photos to
process from there!

http://tinamanley.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Iran/G0000YmlbTddL96g/I0000PrFtiRdZnKo

And keep going until there aren't any more!!

C&C greatly appreciated.

Tina
--
Tina Manley