Subject: [Leica] IMG: Iranian Money
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 09:22:37 -0400

PESO:

We never got used to using Iranian money.  When we lived in Iran in the
1970's one dollar equaled 8 rials.  Today one dollar equals 30,000 rials.
That makes for awkwardly large amounts of bills so prices are often given
in tomans, which means you knock one zero off of the rial amount.  What Tom
would do is hold out a handful of money and let the merchant choose what he
needed:

http://tinamanley.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Iran/G0000YmlbTddL96g/I0000r1PIO5ggNp4

We were never cheated and they always rounded out the price in our favor!

Tina

--
Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com