Subject: [Leica] PESO and a Story
From: jshulman at judgecrater.com (Jim Shulman)
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 09:28:21 -0400

There?s a character around Philly called, appropriately enough, Philly
Jesus.  He has shoulder length hair, the Jesus robe with rope belt,
sandals, and carries a 6' cross.  Usually he hangs around City Hall, posing
for pictures with tourists.  New York has Smurfs and Spidermen around Times
Square; we have Jesus.  At any rate, at the Broad St. fair on Saturday I
came across a typical street fair screaming preacher, standing on a milk
crate and bellowing into a handheld PA system.  He hurled the usual threats
that we'd spend eternity as Charmglo fireplace logs.  Philly Jesus came up
to him and started waving his 6' cross; the preacher was furious and
screamed, "Goddam it, you asshole!  Get the hell out of here!  Police, I
want to see a supervisor!"  I was with another photographer (Alan Barr),
and we were doubled over laughing.  I told Alan, "What a Competitor We Have
in Jesus".

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/focusit/saves+sm.jpg.html

You see Philly Jesus in the foreground, with his cross bisecting the
screaming preacher?s sign.

Bronica S2a, Tmax 400

Jim Shulman

Wynnewood PA