Subject: [Leica] Hand Made Self Publish
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2016 11:03:16 -0500

> On Apr 3, 2016, at 10:20 PM, Lew Schwartz <lew1716 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Can anyone share experience/thoughts re a diy books using a comb binding
> machine to put pages together?
>
> Thanks!
>
> eg Binding Machine <http://www.staples.com/Binding-Machines/cat_CL161082>

I've owned such a machine for four decades.
I?ve bound many, many ?books? over the decades.
Including portfolios of photographs.

Aesthetically they appear more ?utilitarian? than ?beautiful.?
Though can be made very beautiful by adding an actual ?book binding? around
them.

One of the ?good utilitarian? aspects is that they lay flat when open;
and can be folded around in use.

Very fast from a production point of view.

I?ve also done hand made oriental binding;
as well as traditional, hard cover book binding, with sewn signatures;
and simple glued paper backs.

For love of book making?

Regards,
George Lottermoser