Subject: [Leica] IMG: large panorama installation
From: abridge683 at fastmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 11:59:06 -0800

Thank you very much for your thoughts, Jayanand. I suspect I wasn?t daring
enough. I had originally thought to have very narrow separations between the
panels - about 1/4? or so but chose 1/2? instead. It may be that a wider
separation could have worked better.

I couldn?t print it and mount it as just two panels without having the break
happen where I didn?t want it to occur but I certainly understand why you
would make the suggestion. It?s something to play with in a future image.

I actually had not thought of printing to canvas and then stretching it onto
a frame. I?ve never done anything like that before. My own tendency is to
stay away from canvas because . . . I don?t know why, just that my personal
esthetic seems to lean away from it? I guess I?m surrounded by so many
painters that it would seem that I was trying to imitate their work.

I wish I could stand before that image of the Forbidden City and enjoy it.
I?ve come to recognize how much photography needs to be printed to be fully
appreciated.

Again, thank you for your suggestions which I hope I?ll have the courage to
explore for another African panorama I?m working on.

And, again, thanks to all of you who commented on the image and its
installation.

Adam

Message from photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe) ([Leica] IMG: large panorama installation)
Message from abridge683 at fastmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] IMG: large panorama installation)