Subject: [Leica] IMG: Terra Firma!
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 14:05:37 -0600

Glad to bring back memories for you, Ted.  I didn't expect to encounter
jumpers today because it was very windy, so I only had a normal lens.
But, it cropped out pretty well.

But I learned one disadvantage of Autofocus lenses.   When searching for
a chute against a background of sky, and all is moving, it is difficult
to get a focus lock.  After I got home, I read the manual and figured
out how to manually focus the lens, but it still has no hard focus stop
at infinity.  For jumpers, a good old manual lens is the way to go.

I'll never get to try jumping, because I have to take Coumadin daily,
and bleed and bruise easily.  My cardiologist forbid me to use a ladder
or climb on the roof.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] IMG: Terra Firma!)