Subject: [Leica] the SL: duck, duck, goose
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 11:15:31 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Gene Duprey wrote:

  What lens adapter are you using?
<<<

The SL came with the M adapter T so I'm using a cheap FD-to-M adapter.  The
small diameter of the M mount causes some mechanical vignetting with the 500
and I expect it would be the same with the long-focus Telyts (400 & 560
f/6.8).

The FD adapter's aperture stop-down ring doesn't stay put (did I mention
it's cheap?) so I've added a shim to jam it in the 'stopped-dow' position so
I can use the 500's full aperture range.  It takes some fiddling with levers
to attach the adapter to the lens.  This is one feature of the FD mount I
was never thrilled with.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com