Subject: [Leica] IMG: Wayback - 1984 Trip to Britain
From: amr3 at uwmalumni.com (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2016 23:04:22 -0600

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp at gmx.de>wrote:

>Very nice set, Alan.

>The "outbuilding" at Whitby Abbey was, by the way, the
>mansion and banqueting hall of Lord Cholmley. Built in
>1672, it lost much of its roof in a storm in 1790 and
>was partly demolished. In 1866 supporting arches were
>installed. It was taken in hand by the Ministry of
>Works (now National Heritage) who did further
>structural repairs to preserve it and it finally opened
>as a museum, shop and visitor information centre in 2002.

>Cheers, and thanks for posting them
>Douglas
==========================================================================================================

Thanks for looking at the set, and thank you for the information.  I didn't
know what to call the building, and now I can update the metadata.
I've picked about twenty more UK favorites to scan in the coming weeks (or
months).
--
Alan

(Retired)