Subject: [Leica] Ketchikan float planes
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 18:49:33 -0700

Hi Howard,
We have been through Ketchikan twice - once on the Diamond Princess in 2012
and last year on the Crystal Symphony. On each cruise we were docked in the
same position and I had a good view
of the float planes taking off and landing. On the first cruise we took the
fiord side trip and while we were in the fiords we saw a float plane land as
you describe. Both cruises the weather was
wonderful in Ketchikan and we enjoyed the place very much. There is a very
good bookshop there and I bought a book on the Beavers. It was The Immortal
Beaver by Sean Rossiter if you are interested. The float plane pictures from
the first cruise are here:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/FloatPlanes/FamAirKw.jpg.html

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/FloatPlanes/FamAirKw.jpg.html>>
Appreciate you looking and commenting. Thanks much,
Howard