Subject: [Leica] No Photo Editors
From: amr3 at uwmalumni.com (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 14:54:33 -0600

On Thu, 24 Dec 2015 Tina Manley <images at comporium.net>wrote:

>Newspapers have gotten rid of photo editors and the public is suffering:

>http://visualjournalism.info/2015/09/08/visual-lies-and-the-loss-of-photo-editors/
<http://visualjournalism.info/2015/09/08/visual-lies-and-the-loss-of-photo-editors/>

>Tina
=========================================================================================================
Depressing, but thanks for the link, Tina.

I forwarded it to my monthly "Photo Breakfast " mates.  The second Saturday
each month, I meet with up to six of my oldest photographer friends, all of
us having been, in various years, photo editor of our campus' student
newspaper.  We all went on to have jobs in photojournalism or publications
photography in what now seems the good old days.  I am one of only two to
have had an uninterrupted career in photos without having to fall back on
some other skill, or take a buyout from a newspaper.
--
Alan

(Retired)
UPAA Photographer of the Year 1978