Subject: [Leica] Bald Eagle Ketchikan Wildlife Sanctary
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 21:27:23 +0800

Hi Luggers,
In Ketchikan we visited the Wildlife Sanctuary. There they had a Bald Eagle
with
a broken rear talon on one leg - meaning she couldn?t hold on to captured
food.
She was picked up on a roadside near death from starvation. She has been
nursed
back to health but cannot be released back into the wild because the talon
can?t be
mended. So she is one of the prime attractions and available for short
periods of time
for portraits. Here?s mine:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Cruising2015/Eagle8112.jpg.html

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Cruising2015/Eagle8112.jpg.html>>

Please view large. C&C always welcome.

Howard

PS: I had a gallery show at the Talisman bookstore on Pender Island this
summer and this photo was the best seller!

Replies: Reply from leica at jayburleson.com (Jay Burleson) ([Leica] Bald Eagle Ketchikan Wildlife Sanctary)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Bald Eagle Ketchikan Wildlife Sanctary)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Bald Eagle Ketchikan Wildlife Sanctary)