Subject: [Leica] Glacier Bay
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 22:04:44 +0800

Hi again,
Early May we were up very early in the morning to see the sunrise in Glacier
Bay. The Crystal Symphony at about 50,000 DWTs
is quite a small cruise ship and so we were able to sail far up the fiord -
further than we could in the much larger 90,000 DWT Princess ship that we
cruised on several years ago with fellow Luggers (you know who you are!!)

Here is Esther and me, dressed for the Arctic and with the heavy duty camera
equipment in hand. The picture was taken on the Fuji XT 1
by a helpful deck hand.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Cruising2015/XTJP8352.jpg.html

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Cruising2015/XTJP8352.jpg.html>>

A three panel B&W pano of Glacier Bay:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Cruising2015/3PanVGlacierBay.jpg.html

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Cruising2015/3PanVGlacierBay.jpg.html>>

And a colour picture of same:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Cruising2015/DSC_7662.jpg.html

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Cruising2015/DSC_7662.jpg.html>>

Such pristine wilderness, viewed through such clear cold air, really takes
your breath away.

Please view large, C&C always welcome.

Howard.