Subject: [Leica] Oysters
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 21:53:09 -0500

 Tine,
This is an excerpt from our ICW log describing a cruise on the Intercoastal
Waterway.
- - -?

                                                                   We passed
many fishing boats along the waterway and a couple ofoyster dredges. The
oyster boats scoured the bottom with a conveyer beltsystem that scooped up
everything on the river bed and brought it to thesurface on its moving belt.
Crewmen picked out the desirable oysters andclams from amidst the old tires
and shoes before the belt rotated downwardtoward the bottom again. The
residue was dumped back in the water. Theseboats appeared to pay not the
slightest attention to the signs prohibitingoyster dredging in polluted
areas. Raw oysters and clams suddenlydropped several places on my seafood
appetizer list.
- - -?
In other words, keep the phone number of your?physician handy.

Larry Z?

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Oysters)