Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Experimental Photos with Leica SL (to Tina)
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 12:22:29 +1000

Hi David, I'd like to add a few thoughts to this general topic. Perhaps
some people are looking at the SL from an M system background. I I don't
think that where Leica Camera is aiming it. Compared to the high end Canon
and Nikon bodies and 24-70 the numbers stack up differently. Certainly that
first lens is large and heavy but then it's AF and image stabilised. The
first fast prime for the SL though really seems may be more akin to the
OTUS design for example.

I guess I'm looking from a less common viewpoint in that after 8 years or
so with the film and then digital M gear I'm now using the S system almost
entirely. So when I handled the SL I immediately thought that it felt more
compact and actually balanced well in my hands with the 24-90.  Maybe D4
users, for example might have that different perspective too? Controls and
menu wise, again it is really S through and through.Those are good things.

I can see the benefits that the EVF brings. I think it will take some
adjusting to get used to, but it seems likely that this is the future,
including for the next generation of S bodies too.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman

Replies: Reply from leowesson at gmail.com (Leo Wesson) ([Leica] IMGS: Experimental Photos with Leica SL (to Tina))