Subject: [Leica] IR sharpness issues
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 17:57:00 -0600

I ordered the 092 filter this morning.
So I intend to do some IR testing when it arrives.

I will include comparisons of filtered and unfiltered examples.
I have no doubt that the IR filtered images do have a "softness"
which the unfiltered images do not.

The questions, for me, is, "how soft?"
Acceptable? or Unacceptable?

Similar to the "hot spot" issue.
I judged the 28 cron hotspot unacceptable.
The 35 lux asph and 50 lus asph hotspots on the line of unacceptable.
The 35 lux asph also seems to show a bit more "softness" than I'd like.

The 40 cron + 093 seems to give me "acceptable sharpness"
virtually no "hotspot."

I'm hoping the 092 will give me another "acceptable" option;
along with shorter shutter speeds.

a note off the iPad, George

Message from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] IR sharpness issues)
Message from hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter) ([Leica] IR sharpness issues)