Subject: [Leica] M6 exposure meter problem
From: oliverbryk at comcast.net (Bryk Oliver)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 13:35:13 -0800

Earlier today I scanned a 36 exposure roll of 400 TMY. Every frame was shot
with the exposure meter on AUTO as recommended by one of our colleagues.
Every frame was overexposed.

I bought the M6/0.85 at the end of its production when dealers offered a
factory authorized rebate of $500 or thereabouts. I don?t remember the year;
the S/N on the hot shoe is 2433148.

I am thinking of determining the M6 meter?s measurement error by the
following procedure:

1.  read the exposure setting of my M8 on AUTO of a frame filling exposure
of my venerable Kodak Gray Card at f/8 and ISO 160.

2.  read the exposure setting of my M6 that would supposedly result in a
correct exposure of the same card at f/8 and ISO 160.

3. Calculate the exposure compensation setting or an equivalent increase in
the ISO setting for the M6.

I will be grateful for corrections or recommendations.

Oliver

PS FWIW the ?restore colors? setting in VueScan gave an approximately
correct rendering of the image; the ?restore fading? setting was too dark.
Checking neither showed overexposure. I will be glad to email samples to
interested parties.

Replies: Reply from john at mcmaster.fr (John McMaster) ([Leica] M6 exposure meter problem)