Subject: [Leica] font news
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 17:51:21 -0800

Thinking that perhaps connoisseurs of fine photographs might also be
connoisseurs of fine fonts, I thought I'd alert you that Monotype just
released Gill Sans Nova and is offering an 80% introductory discount.

http://www.fonts.com/font/monotype/gill-sans-nova

There are also Nova editions of Joanna and Joanna Sans, which are nice,
but Gill Sans Nova is spectacular in its quiet British way.

I've re-set a few old documents from Gill Sans to Gill Sans Nova and you
can feel the difference even if you can't quite put your finger on it.

The current liturgical materials published by the Church of England
(e.g. Common Worship) are all set in Gill Sans. I wonder if they will do
anything with Nova someday.

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] font news)