Subject: [Leica] URL: OT lens testing
From: george.imagist at (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 10:25:36 -0500

On Oct 27, 2015, at 10:26 PM, Adam Bridge wrote:

> Oh there were film loading issues that could bite you too.
> And then there were all the gotchas that came with processing film.
> Adam
>> On Oct 27, 2015, at 11:04 AM, Jim Nichols <jhnichols at>
>> wrote:
>> I agree, George.  When I started out in 1952 with a Leica IIIa and Elmar
>> 50/3.5, the only stupid mistake one could make was to fail to extend the
>> lens!

Quite true Adam.

Though all those tasks and processes
also determine the level of craftsmanship
to be discovered within a finished photographic work.

also the use of mind instead of computers;
including experience and intuitions.

?just reminiscences of decades past
when we had a simple lens and shutter
on one end of a dark box
and a ground glass and/or piece of film
on the other end.

George Lottermoser

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] URL: OT lens testing)
Message from george.imagist at (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] URL: OT lens testing)
Message from jhnichols at (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] URL: OT lens testing)
Message from abridge683 at (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] URL: OT lens testing)