Subject: [Leica] OT Mac Display calibration
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 17:24:24 -0500

On Aug 25, 2015, at 5:41 PM, Doug Herr wrote:

> After using eyeball calibration on my Mac computers for several years I
> bought a puck because I suspected I'd been fooling myself by thinking
> eyeball was good enough.  After puck calibration there was no difference.
> Either eyeball calibration is good enough for what I do, or my eyes are so
> bad that I can't tell the difference.  YMMV.

or

your eyes are so good
that you can't tell the difference.

I reached the same conclusion.

When I was doing press proofing on a regular basis
my eyes and the press man's densitometer readings
generally reached the same conclusions;
though the press man's eyes did not;
which is why I was always doing press proofing.

Regards,
George Lottermoser

http://www.imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com/blog