Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Friday: Look at flowers with “invisible” light
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 14:18:48 -0500

On Sep 11, 2015, at 2:09 PM, Ken Carney wrote:

> Very nice.  That must be a pretty long exposure with that steep a cut.
>
> Ken
>
> On 9/11/2015 10:36 AM, George Lottermoser wrote:
>> C & C always welcome and appreciated
>>
>> <http://www.imagist.com/blog/?p=10086>

Remember that the M8 is VERY infrared sensitive Ken.
These exposures are all hand held
1/4 to 1/30 of a second
f:2.8 to f:4
with the camera set at ISO 320
in the late afternoon
many in shade

When I put the same filter on the M (240)
and set the camera at ISO 1250
I need a 1/2 sec at f:2
and the shadows are seriously underexposed;
because the sensor has an IR cutoff filter over it.

As do the Fuji sensors.

So the M8 is really quite a different IR beast
it was [inadvertantly] built as an IR body.

Regards,
George Lottermoser

http://www.imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com/blog