Subject: [Leica] IMG: cleared for approach
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2015 14:08:23 -0700

An Anna?s Hummingbird approaches a favorite nectar source:

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/Animals/Birds/i-PgBKJrT/A>

Sony A7Rii with 180mm Leitz f4 R lens, Leica 2X APO teleconverter, tripod
mounted.

It?s a bit soft, not a lot of focus room with these long lenses and birdies
that flit around like crazy. But I?m reasonably happy with it.

I shot today with the A7Rii. It?s much easier to use hand-held than the Fuji
because the image stabilization with the Leica lenses works pretty nicely.
This was tripod mounted, however.

Thanks for looking. Thoughts/recommendations/critique are most welcome.

Oh - Steve Barbour made a suggestion either here or somewhere else about
setup for manual focus. I tried it and I second his idea.

Adam