Subject: [Leica] Subject: Any volunteer doing the LUG Book 2015?
From: dankhong at gmail.com (Dan Khong)
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 16:35:07 +0800

LUGgers

I hope there will arise someone who can do the LUG yearbook for 2015.
Seriously speaking.

Jim Shulman initiated the project which ran for several years and he did a
great job. After him, Geoff Hopkinson from Australia took over and produced
a LUGbook last year (2014).

I can recall the hurdles that Geoff experienced trying to put the project
through. The LUG could have given him more support and encouragement. On
the contrary, I perceived bellyaching. I cannot speak for Geoff whom I
think did this out of his good heart, but if he had enjoyed doing it last
year, surely he will do it again this year.

It is time for the LUG folks to do a bit of self-examination and reflection
as to the reasons why the project seems to be now dead.

Dan K.