Subject: [Leica] [LRflex] IMG: "It's too darn hot"
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2015 08:26:45 -0700

And no AC, I am sure.  Growing up in Seattle, the hottest I ever remember
was 99F and the coldest was 1F.  Never quite got to  100 (fortunately) and
never quite to zero.    Living in Eastern Washington for the last 40 years,
it often exceeds those two standards, but, as I am told, it is a dry heat.
But this Seattle body still rebels.  One of the first years living on the
east side, I was walking to the post office after work and I was thinking,
it is darn hot.  I passed the bank and the sign flashed 105.  I guess there
is something to this dry heat thing as it only felt 90.  The pharmacist in
our small town always use to kid me about how people in Seattle complain
when it gets into the 90's and I tried to tell him it was different.  One
year he was in Seattle for something and got stuck on the floating bridge
for an hour for some Seafair event and it was 95.  When he returned he told
me he would never again give me a bad time about the 90's in Seattle.  He
said he thought he was going to die on the bridge, surrounded by all that
water.

We have had 9 days in the 100's ( over 110 for two) and the 5 day forecast
says we will have at least 5 more.  The previous record for Yakima was 7
days.

So, keep cool, or as Ivar would say, keep clam.

A former 206'er

Aram