Subject: [Leica] Can anyone share hard water, high mineral content darkroom experience?
From: lew1716 at gmail.com (Lew Schwartz)
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 13:54:54 -0400

I've never worked in these conditions. We're drawing from our own well,
probably high calcium & iron in water. I mix my own developers, but have a
great source of distilled H20. (Run off from the dehumidifier.) My main
concern is with washing & the fixer. I got hold of some old style calgon.
How much would I mix in? I plan to wash negs in the ion filtered well water
with a final soak in the pure H2O plus wetting agent.

I haven't tried any of this yet, but soon ....

Comments? Ideas?

-Lew Schwartz

Replies: Reply from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Can anyone share hard water, high mineral content darkroom experience?)
Reply from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard) ([Leica] Can anyone share hard water, high mineral content darkroom experience?)