Subject: [Leica] IMG: Airport Closeups
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 14:01:25 -0500

Bonnaroo is over, with only a few of the visiting aircraft left at the
local airport.  I got a couple of detail shots that I had intended to
get earlier.

To an Aeronautical Engineer, the business end of a modern turboprop is a
thing of beauty.  Maybe not the same for everyone.  Here is the
propulsion system of a Beech King Air 350.
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Propulsion.JPG.html

The 1941 Piper J-5A that was modified for banner towing had amenities
never dreamed of when it was built.  Not a beauty, but a real working
machine.  Here is the current instrument panel, complete with every
placard that the FAA could dream of.  And, yes, the engine is a Lycoming
O-360.  I checked the data plate.
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Tow+Plane+Instrument+Panel.jpg.html

Both with the X-E1 and Fujinon 27mm Pancake.

Comments and critiques welcomed.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA