Subject: [Leica] Had an opportunity use this camera
From: jshulman at judgecrater.com (Jim Shulman)
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 08:52:09 -0400

http://www.westlicht-auction.com/index.php?id=4&utm_source=WestLicht+%26+OstLicht&utm_campaign=98e8339de6-Einladung+PREVIEW+FOTO+AUKTION&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_98454c6087-98e8339de6-45953097

And those with the 2010 LUG yearbook can see a shot taken with this
particular Leica, on Efke film.  I badgered the owner to shoot a roll of
film through it, and agreed to develop it and make prints.  It seemed a
shame that something that early wouldn?t see a few silver granules behind
the cloth curtains.

This camera was featured in the Viewfinder a year or two ago, from the late
Stuart Cohn?s collection.  I loved Stu, and his cameras were the least of
it.  Nobody enjoyed a rollicking lunch like Stu! Supposedly his son was
going to keep the collection intact, but my guess is the siren call of
Westlicht became an excellent substitute for any curatorial desires.

Jim Shulman

Wynnewood, PA

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Had an opportunity use this camera)