Subject: [Leica] Critiques
From: amr3 at uwmalumni.com (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 00:40:56 -0500

On Mon, 04 May 2015 George Lottermoser <george.imagist at icloud.com>wrote:

>I don't know if I'm correct; yet I do firmly believe that we always need
to "feel" and continuously "develop" a purpose as the camera rises to our
eye; if we intend to >develop a strong, consistent, and coherent "body of
work."

>How we arrive at "purpose" becomes our unique journey in our chosen field.
Discovering that purpose becomes the challenge, the excitement, the dynamic
>potential when we pickup our cameras; and walk the streets; and/or travel;
and/or set up the studio lights, backgrounds and foregrounds; and/or the
'blind' in the >wild.

>That's what keeps me photographing, writing, drawing, living; the search
for purpose while creating a coherent manner; not the search for markets;
and certainly >not the search for a way to appeal to some non-existent
everybody-market.

>Regards,
>George Lottermoser
=============================================================================================================================
George, I think you have distilled this topic with your various messages.

I like to post as a way of showing "Look at what I saw, and how I saw it."
In the subject line I put IMG and a description, so no one will waste time
looking at something they might not be interested in.

Sadly, as of late, I have time to comment only on pictures that give me a
special feeling in my gut since I've become a caregiver to my wife and my
94-year old mother, but there are lots of postings that I enjoy.
--
Alan

(Retired)
UPAA Photographer of the Year 1978