Subject: [Leica] Critiques
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 14:48:26 -0400 (EDT)

George Lottermoser wrote:

>I'd recommend using:
>
>IMG-CRIT
>
>If you want Serious Considered Critiques of a single image or series of
>images.
>And also give some guidance as the sort or Critique you're looking for:
>
>Photographic Art
>Photographic History
>Photographic Documentaries
>
>Compared to ? what ? Best of Type?
>
>What exactly do you need?

Very clearly expressed.

When critiquing a photograph of a bird I have to consider the photographer's
goal.  Was it documenting a species?  An illustration?  Demonstration of
behavior?  Art?  I have my own goals for my photographs and a critique based
on my goals may (and most likely will) miss the point of the photograph
entirely.  Always have to consider the target audience.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Critiques)