Subject: [Leica] Shooting less
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 09:40:19 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Tina Manley wrote:

... when I am in a place where I'm not likely to ever be
again, I tend to take more photos rather than less.  I don't want to get
home and find that I should have waited five minutes and taken another
photo when the background was less distracting or the people more engaging
or the sun breaks out from the clouds.  It does make editing a long,
arduous process, but coming home without the photos I went to get would be
even worse.
<<<

Agree completely.  If I'm photographing an animal I've never seen before or
have inadequate photos of, the last thing I want to do is return home and
find that the bird blinked, or left the perch as soon as the mirror flipped
up, or any number of other failures.  Photographic opportunities are far too
precious and too costly to throw away by making too few photos.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
http://doug-herr.fineartamerica.com