Subject: [Leica] (SPAM: ?) Re: (SPAM: ?) Re: Photo show dissent
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 07:21:18 -0700

True fact, however the University of AZ have decided to allow only students
with need to have access to the original or copy negatives of the originals.
We went there this year to look at the original prints, which now have also
been locked up for the public at large to not see.  Never (?)  again to be
seen by mere mortals.
And the negatives are now never to be experimented with to produce a new
interpretation of a well known theme.

While AA's and others' intentions may be   perfectly clear, after the
donation is made and the artist is dead, the rules change.

For the record, AA was both a business man and a lover of new technology.
He experimented with Dupont, Kodak, and Polaroid as examples.  He would have
loved AF, AE, auto anything, digital sensors, laser printers, scanners,
computers, PS,  and anything else that was new and allowed him new ways to
get new or better interpretations.

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] (SPAM: ?) Re: (SPAM: ?) Re: Photo show dissent)