Subject: [Leica] Common sense
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 22:47:38 -0400

I took drawing because I was an art major and had no choice in the matter.
First day of class and I looked at everybody. There was one guy who wore
loafers because I don't  think he could figure out how to tie his shoes.
This was not a hard to get into college.
So I think I thought  "he'll never learn to draw".
And I looked around at people who I didn't think were artistically talented
to pull it off.
Every day we worked at it for a whole semester or trimester... A lot of
months.. Our teacher was not so bad he had us do stuff you wouldn't have
thought.
Last month of the class everybody could draw. Everybody could draw a picture
of anybody else in the class and it would look like them.
You didn't have to have a blessing from heavon to pull it off.
You didn't have to be a genius.
You put in the time and you were able to do it. And we all put in the time
as they'd flunk you if you didn't go to class and then you go to Viet Nam
and die.
Photography's maybe not that different.
Its all about putting in the time.
Same as airplane flying I think.
Talent is mainly time. Its mainly doing the work.

--
Mark William Rabiner
Photographer