Subject: [Leica] At the Hong Kong Apple Store
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 17:44:34 +0800

Hi Luggers,
Went along to the Apple Store in IFC II Central this morning to buy a new
portable hard drive to save all the stored data
for the clean up scheduled tomorrow at the Genius Bar to rectify my Macbook
Pro and Esther?s I Pad after my
first Hack Attack. Had one of the Genii back up both machines and while
waiting took the attached pano:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/HK2015/2PanFerrisTent.jpg.html>

It shows the reclaimed land in front of IFC II which has been transformed
into a ferris wheel site (a la London Eye)
and the tents of a Cirque du Soleil type show with horses in the
performance. It is a two panel hand held pano stitched together in CS6
and processed with same. As you can see the Southwest monsoon has blown in
and it is now getting hot and very humid in HK.

The second picture is Lao Yao. He was born in Hong Kong in 1939 - so is now
75 years old. In 1943 when the US bombing intensified in the attempt to
dislodge the occupying Japanese Mr Yao and his family fled to China. He was
raised there taking primary, secondary and university studies. Later he
moved back to Hong Kong.
We talked while each of our computers was being repaired. He asked me what
countries I preferred and I asked him his choices. He said, surprisingly,
Russia, Estonia and Latvia. Then it came out that in addition to speaking
Cantonese (his maternal language), studying in Mandarin, he had learned
Russian because in his time Russia and China were friends. He learned his
fluent English while working in Hong Kong.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/HK2015/5357C.jpg.html>

In deference to Dr. Ted I have processed Lao Yao?s photo into B&W. An
interesting old fellow.

The 27mm f2.8 Fuji Pancake lens turns the XT 1 into an innocuous looking
point and shoot and it is sharp at f5.6 - f8.0 out to the corners and fast
focusing and unobtrusive.
Glad I got it.

Please look large. C&C always welcome.

Howard