Subject: [Leica] Ted is [NOT] WRONG
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 18:01:13 -0500

On Mar 17, 2015, at 9:00 PM, Larry Zeitlin via LUG wrote:

> Again with all due respect, you are simply WRONG.

It should be more than crystal clear by now:

When we accurately describe our personal experience,
as Ted so often does,
no one should declare us "wrong."

Your experience may, in fact, be very different from Ted's.
But that does not make either one of you wrong or correct.

In my decade as photo journalist with manual cameras and no built in meters
I and the other journalists at any particular "event" rarely consulted a
light meter.
We knew what the exposures were from shooting in all seasons, times of day,
and various indoor locations.

Our eyes, experience, mind coordination worked in its own way.
In the darkroom some of us developed our film using a green inspection safe
light;
just to make sure our intuitions served us correctly.

And yes it certainly did feel KISS simple as pie.

99 times out of 100 when we did pull out the meter
we had guessed within a half stop anyway.

Still today I'll be damn close in most situations.

Photography IS pretty damn simple.
Focus. Shutter. Aperture. Expose (meaning press the damn button).

Regards,
George Lottermoser

http://www.imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com/blog