Subject: [Leica] Some say Hasselblad must only be used on tripod...
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 15:26:32 -0500

On Mar 17, 2015, at 2:57 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

>  I used the camera intensively for 33.3 years and I never
> felt the mirror slap and noise in the CM nor ELM to be the hindrance or
> design flaw as its touted to be on this thing called the internet.

I used my 'blad day before yesterday.
No hindrances or design flaws found.
Love it.

YET - If I'd go photograph with that format
at a church; during a service
I'd take the Rollei TLR.
and/or the Mamiya Press
which I did on so many occasions.

not the 'blad
which is - simply too loud
not the correct tool for those venues.

for me the same sort of gear decision
would apply for grabbing candids
in close quarters.
I'd choose between the lens shutters, without mirror slap, every time
or, of course, the Leica Ms (over any 35 SLR).
That's just how the gear "feels" to me.

Don't like hitting a fine chisel with a steel hammer head.
Unless that's all there happens to be available at the time.

The 'blad is simply NOT
a quiet stealthy piece of gear
for me.

It's a beautiful, extremely useful tool
for a whole lot of different photographic applications.
And as a system? Virtually unmatched when you consider:
the SWC, AutoBellows, Tubes, FlexBody, etc.

Regards,
George Lottermoser

http://www.imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com/blog