Subject: [Leica] Black Capped Lory
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 10:45:12 +0800

Hi Again,

I followed the other photographer with the Nikon D4 around and noticed he
had stopped for a time at the lower end of the walkway through the Aviary.
He had found a pair of Black Capped Lory sharing a natural bird bath in the
stump of a tree. I settled in and worked the scene - shot nearly 500
pictures as the birds splashed and cleaned themselves. Here are five photos
from the first edit:

Contemplating the bath:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/HK2015/BlkHd1.jpg.html>

Getting wet:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/HK2015/BlkHdYelwg5333.jpg.html>

Splashing around:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/HK2015/BlkHdSplash.jpg.html>

Flapping to dry off:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/HK2015/BlkHdFstWg5521.jpg.html>

The final fast shake:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/HK2015/BlkHdShake5604.jpg.html>

The first three frames are shot at 1/2000 f11 and ISO 6400,

The last two are shot at 1/100 f11 and ISO 320 - to emphasize the action.

Please look large. C&C always welcome.

Howard

PS: The black-capped lory (Lorius lory) also known as western black-capped
lory or the tricolored lory, is a parrotfound in New Guinea and adjacent
smaller islands. It is a colorful and relatively robust lory (31 cm). There
are seven subspecies, all with green wings, red heads and body around the
wing, a black cap, grey-black cere, yellow underwings, and blue legs and
belly. Most also have a blue nape and mantle (area between wings on the
back). It remains overall widespread and common.

Replies: Reply from leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans) ([Leica] Black Capped Lory)
Reply from skalte at icloud.com (Susan Ryan) ([Leica] Black Capped Lory)