Subject: [Leica] M8 RAW--high ISO improvement!
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 08:02:09 -0700

First time I have heard of this.. fascinating...

I want my M8 back!

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

I recently became aware of a way to shoot the M8 at ISO 1250 and even 2500,
without the horrible degradation in image quality that setting the camera to
those ISOs normally entails.  It seems that there is an "Easter Egg" in the
M8 that allows you to shoot 20 MB uncompressed RAW files.  This was meant
for Leica's internal testing, but the secret is
out.  :-)   A German programmer has written a command-line Windows tool
that converts these files into DNG format that Lightroom, Capture One, etc.
can process.
<http://m8raw2dng.de/>