Subject: [Leica] Russell's Hong Kong Visit
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 20:32:09 +0800

HI Luggers,

Russell, my number one (and only) son came down from Tokyo with his girl
friend, Kseniya, for a short weekend visit.
Keniya is a Byelorussian lady who took her MBA in Japan - in Japanese - and
presently works for an American company selling medical equipment - so not
only is she beautiful but she?s very smart too.
Some pictures:

We went up to the Peak on Sunday when there was a break in the weather -
which has been misty and damp. Here?s Russell and Kseniya taking a selfie.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/HK2015/RussSelfieKsen.jpg.html>

Here?s the family, Esther, Kseniya, me and Russell at the lookout point on
the peak. Later in the day we went across the harbour to the ICC building -
just behind Kseniya?s head in the picture - and had a drink in the Ozone Bar
located at the 118th storey of the Ritz Carlton.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/HK2015/EKHRPeak.jpg.html>

Here?s a six panel panorama of Hong Kong harbour from the Western side of
the Peak looking toward Kowloon.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/HK2015/6PanHarWes.jpg.html>

And here is the view from Kowloon across the harbour looking back at Hong
Kong Island and Victoria peak.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/HK2015/4PanOzone.jpg.html>

This is a four panel panorama processed in CS 6. I took a lot of photos to
make panoramas but window reflections from inside the bar made the assembly
of the wider
panos impossible. And there was no way to step outside on the 118th floor to
view without glass in order to avoid the reflections. If there had been a
way I would have, of course, despite the height and the wind at that
altitude!!
Ozone, at the Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong(118/F, International Commerce Centre,
1 Austin Road West, Kowloon, opened in March 2011, tops the list of the
highest bar in Asia at 118 floors, beating out Shanghai Grand Hyatt?s Cloud
9 (87 floors) and the Shanghai Park Hyatt?s 100 Century Avenue (92 floors).
(The highest bar in the world is At.Mosphere, on the 122nd floor of the Burj
Khalifa in Dubai). Highest, in this scenario, means from street level, not
sea level.)

Please look large.
C&C always welcome. All pictures taken with the Fuji XT 1 and the
redoubtable 35mm 1.4 which is, at present, my favourite walk around kit.

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Russell's Hong Kong Visit)
Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Russell's Hong Kong Visit)