Subject: [Leica] Elder Prostate Wisdom
From: douglasnygren at yahoo.com (Douglas Nygren)
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 11:58:25 +0000 (UTC)

One of my doctors told me that every man's prostate will eventually kill
him. If we could live forever, our prostates would do us in nevertheless.
That said, I read somewhere, if I am not mistaken, that the doctor who
invented the PSA no longer believes in it.?
I reported such to my doctor who nevertheless thinks the test is a good
idea.?
"In tests we believe," should be printed on the dollar bill. It's like
military weapons in the hands of the police. If you've got them, you've got
to use them.
If you don't test and the patient gets prostate cancer, you are liable, I
would guess.
If your PSA gives a false alarms, your doctor is not in danger of being sued.
Personally, I abide by what the U.S. Surgeon General may have said, namely,
Science has proven that life is hazardous to your health.
BTW, I do get my PSA checked.
Cheers?? Doug

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Elder Prostate Wisdom)