Subject: [Leica] Leica blocking 3rd party batteries in firmware?
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 21:31:38 +0000

I know several people have found that, mine would run out after only a few
hours use and not be trustworthy or need to carry 4 or 5 rather than 1
genuine. Battery price is small in relation to camera and lens prices; I
have 6x M9 batteries (should be good for 2500 shots) and the price of those
(2 came with cameras) is so little in relation to the rest of the bag
contents (lenses, cards etc) that I buy genuine and do not worry about them.

john