Subject: [Leica] IMG: Sunday Shot
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 15:46:19 -0800

Barney Quinn  OFFERED:

"Three of my Grandchildren. Ana, David, and Michael.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Barney/Ana_+David_+and+Michael.jpg.html";
<<<<<<<<<<<

Hi Barney,
When we come to our grandchildren and their pictures the most important part
is? "TAKING THE PICTURES OVER THE YEARS!"

I've run into the odd family they never take pictures of their children nor
grandkids unless they make a big picture taking event out of the moment.  So
often the kids all get ticked off and miserable looking and nothing
worthwhile is ever shot. Even a few fun moments.

Family photos other than maybe a couple of times a year should all be for
fun and nice little moments like yours.

Sure we've all shot photos we'll never print them. But that's life. And I'm
not saying this one is not to print. It is because of their re-actions with
hands to ears? Or that's what it looks like? May I also suggest when we have
a moment that it isn't obviously seen what is going on? It's quite a good
idea to add a word or to? A date? Some kind of idea of "what/why/when?"

However use the fun lifetime moments and 99.9% of the time we end up with
keepers for the family album and the next 100 years much like yours!

I have just started going through negative / contact 3 ring binders that go
back 60 years when Ted jnr. was born and preparing a Family lifetime album!
This doesn't count thousands of 35 & 2 1/4 slides. They'll be the next
project. I do a hard edit and dump the absolute bad stuff? Oh gee lots of
those! :-)

Eventually when completed they will be transferred to some form of digital
recorded device. Copies for each of my 4 children

Back to your grandkids? Just hang tough old buddy and they'll make you a
Great Grandpa! As I've just become with a Great Granddaughter just before
Christmas 2014 and a week ago a Great Grandson! :-)

Imagine the editing job ahead of me as new GGchildren appear much quicker
these days than in my youth with my own children. Now use a tad bit of
imagination when you discover I have 10 Grand Children who, 4 are girls of
breeding age along with 6 Grandsons and they all have girl friends or wives
and their own kids.

Jeeeeeeeeessssssssssh maybe the "Super Family Album" idea isn't such a great
idea after all??????? ;-) :-)

cheers,
ted