Subject: [Leica] IMG: Two new portraits
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 17:00:25 +1000

Thank you to those people who looked and commented.
Those portraits are at the start of my portraits album here, if anyone
still wanted to look.
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/cp

I sent a note to Charlie off list but maybe someone else might be
interested.
Yes the images are retouched which is a normal part of my developing,
especially for beauty and fashion images. Specifically the skin texture
shown has been softened a little after spotting.

For Dr Ted, I always value your comment, especially in our off list lively
conversations ;-)
I agree that the photographers technique is vital of course. All of that
being equal I will then add that the best cameras and lenses can add more
quality.  Of course I am talking about for my applications. This has
nothing to do with photojournalists or street photography.

The files from this S2 and these lenses are just ridiculously good and side
by side with my M and its best lenses there is still a big difference (for
large prints for example).

My friend Philippe, the headbands are actually fashionable for hiphop
gangsta fashion costumes! The print on their outfits is called 'weed'  for
the marijuana!
Here is the Hi! they sent Dr Ted!
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/158771337

These dancers have all sorts of amazing outfits that they perform in.
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/158771327
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/156651303

Cheers
Geoff