Subject: [Leica] IMG: WaitingŠ
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 08:46:31 -0600

I do often "check the histogram" Mark.

Though I also continue to enjoy the pleasure of spot reading the actual
reflected light that will reach the sensor; as it keeps eyes and mind fully
informed about the light and the process.

In this specific example the pleasure and craft of "knowing" that the
"whites" went from 1/30th @ f11 to 125th @ f16 (to render them at Zone V
respectively); and then making the decision as to which, on the high end i
was willing to lose the detail; well, for me that IS the craft of
photography as it relates to combining aesthetics with sensitometry.

Of course many other aesthetic considerations also keep us interested in the
art and craft of photography: composition of elements within the frame;
consideration of the subject and/or content; the use of motion; the choice
of the magic moment; and more.

Yet photography, first and foremost, is about capturing LIGHT and informing
us about its many qualities.

a note off the iPad, George

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMG: WaitingŠ)