Subject: [Leica] IMG: two new portraits
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 20:51:14 -0800

Geoff Hopkinson SHOWED:

Chrissy and Ashlee are two dancers with whom I have worked recently.
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/158768632
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/158768634

S2 and the APO Makro Summarit 120"

Hi Geoff,
 We are coming to, if we haven't reached it? When you post your new models
they now become somewhat breath taking! The improvements are quite obvious
due to your ongoing "training-learning" how to become better as a "FINE ART
MODEL PHOTOGRAPHER!"

Both these ladies fall into what I would call "Fine art clean portraits!"
Does the S2 make them better? NOPE! Oh maybe someone will argue? My
response?  "GET STUFFED!" :-)

As it is still the human standing with the camera in hand! If not? Then the
ladies photos maybe just plain old crappy happy-snaps! S2 or not! Instead of
the beauty we see due to the "PHOTOG HOLDING AND USING THE CAMERA/LIGHTS!"

Regardless of make or promo BS ? We are, that's us FOLKS that makes all
cameras look fantastic! OR?  GOOD! BAD! OR UGLY!"

AND THAT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN IS WHAT SORTS ALL OF US OUT! and every camera!

"the person holding and using the camera whatever the make, not ADVERTISING
BULLSHII! "

Don't ever forget it! It's us, we who make the camera work and LOOK GOOD
capturing the interesting photographs! NOT JUST THE CAMERA ALL ON IT'S OWN
AND THEIR ADVERTISING department BULL SHIT! Please excuse the language! :-(
cheers,
Dr. ted