Subject: [Leica] "new" film...
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 21:02:47 -0800

I know there are a small number of film shooters out there. As you might
have heard, a company Cinestill started to repackage Kodal Cine film as
Cinestill T500 which they recommend ISO 800 when processing using normal
C41 chemical. The big deal is that they strip off the remjet layer so C41
chemical can be done.

There are some questions re: long term dye stability, but they say after 4
years, their negs still look quite decent.

The palette is definitely different. It can be shot under Tungsten light as
well. Yes I know, the tteniest Sony can shoot clean ISO 6400 or whatever
but if you still shoot film, it's quite a treat:

http://richardmanphoto.com/PICS/20150102-Scanned-676.jpg

http://richardmanphoto.com/PICS/20150102-Scanned-677.jpg

They have also just released an ISO 50 film from the Cine stock. It's out
of order currently but I will sure to give it a try.

For years I avoided color negs and instead went to slides and B&W, but now
that I know how to process and scan better, it's really quite versatile.

--
// http://facebook.com/richardmanphoto
// https://www.facebook.com/Transformations.CosplayPortraits

Replies: Reply from chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford) ([Leica] "new" film...)