Subject: [Leica] Highly Intelligent Crop Factor Overview
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 08:58:41 -0800

Good morning CREW,
I haven't paid any attention to these posts about "crop factor" only because
it was never in my photon vocabulary for 65 plus years from start to now
near finished!

So I thought,"Well these guys know all about this stuff. "MAYBE I CAN LEARN
SOMETHING I DIDN'T HAVE A PHOTO CLUE ABOUT?" So I've been reading them? I
still don't have a CLUE WHAT THE HELL IT HAS TO DO WITH THE MAGIC MOMENT
CAPTURED @ 1/1000 of a sec?" Or the runner winning the 100 meter Olympic
Gold medal Race?

I have 5 cameras hanging about shoulders and neck all different size lenses
for the immediate moment required? "SEE SHOOT MERELY BY GRABBING PROPER
CAMERA BY INSTINCT...... "CLICK!" Image captured move on to next exciting
moment without an eye blink about what lens?????? WHY?

ONCE AGAIN! It's the content and grabbing the camera with the right lens is
all that matters! "DON'T THINK OR IT'S OVER!"

It appears again that this kind of " CROP FACTOR" stuff must really mean
something major to the "ROCK & FERN FOLKS?"  Real-life shooters???  "NADA!"
Besides if you don't know anything about it? It "ain't goin' to hurt you!"
:-)

Cause in Two Wars, a helicopter crash at 50 below zero, very bad landings in
ski equipped Otter aircraft. When taking pictures of President Ronald
Reagan. Oh yeah President Kennedy, Her Majesty Queen of England, And one of
the most beautiful photos of Jacquie Kennedy ever?????

"This "CROP FACTOR GOBBELDY-GOOK" STUFF NEVER MATTERED? Or I don't think so?
Because it was never in a mind thought ! Hell I didn't even know it existed?

So in plain understandable English language would, please "one person?" Not
with 33 e-mails (thank you)  explain to me what I've done wrong for 65 years
and possibly I can correct the errors of my photographic ways? Thank you
very much.

Any other "ERRORS OF MY WAYS?????????" You are free to use your imaginations
on that one.
HOWEVER? NOBODY HAS THE ANSWERS TO FIX THOSE!  :-) :-) I suppose I might say
"You really don't want to know?"  Mischievous devil wouldn't you say?    ;-)
:-)
Thank you most kindly.
cheers,
Dr. ted :-)